A Best GPS Tracker is a device that you can connect in your car to be able to follow its location wherever you go. It is a system that will track your car and is capable of providing data in real-time. It does this using a mathematical principle known as trilateration.
It will help you determine the direction, speed, and location of the vehicle in real-time, based on information from at least four GPS satellites. You might think that it is a difficult technology to install and that it will take up a lot of space in your car, but it is not like that, since it has evolved and now only consists of a small device that you can take wherever you want.
What is the Best GPS Tracker on the Market?
GPS tracking devices for cars are becoming more and more popular. Owners may want to trace their car for a number of reasons, they may fear its theft and want the best chance of getting it back.
Also, if multiple people use the same car, the owner may want to track where it has been and how long it has been traveling. If you like to keep records, then a tracking device is the best solution.
Today, there are many options for these devices. If you want to find the best car GPS locator on the market , you should look at the information that we show you below and the decision will be very easy.
How much money should I spend on my Best GPS Tracker?
When it comes to your car, the investment you make today will bring many benefits or repercussions in the future. Therefore, it is best not to rush for the cheapest price without first looking at all the options of GPS locators that you can find in the market.
- Cheaper GPS locators (less than $50) – Getting carried away by one of the cheapest options right off the bat is usually not a great decision and you will probably end up regretting it.
- Better quality GPS locators (plus $50) – Better quality car GPS locators can provide you with greater durability and many features that you would like to find in these types of products.
Best Car GPS Trackers we recommend.
1. AMERICALOC GL300 GPS Tracker MXW
The GL300W Americaloc is an expensive tracker, but you’re not going to find one that’s better than this. It offers real-time monitoring and enables you to access a history of up to one year.
The magnet case enables you to really well hidden on your vehicle and the battery life (up to a few weeks). You can set up this to alert you to movement, input/output, speed, and other scenarios.
2. TrackPort OBD-II 4G Vehicle GPS Tracker – Track Car Location
The Brickhouse Security Trackport is a dependable real-time GPS tracker for your vehicle or entire fleet of vehicles. Get a satellite aerial image of your car in its current location with this tracker.
Other features include a panic button, fast alerts, and travel reports.
3. MOTOsafety GPS Tracker for Vehicles
The MOTOsafety GPS tracker is a good choice if you want your tracker to focus more on drivers education. It gives you details on what your car did and when it did.
It tracks healthy driving behaviour and actually offers report boards for inexperienced drivers to learn how to drive better by priding itself as a teen driving instructor in real time.
How to choose a GPS for your car?
A gps to track your car can give you many solutions so that you can locate it successfully. However, there are so many models on the market with different technologies that choosing the one that suits you can be truly overwhelming. Now, we show you some aspects to consider when choosing a locator for your car.
- Think about the processing server: If a tracking device collects many types of data at once, you probably don’t want to receive all of it at once on your phone. So if you don’t want to receive all of them every second, it is best to choose an option that allows you to adjust the frequency with which it will send the data.
- Mobile access: A mobile application is probably the most comfortable way to control the status of your GPS devices. The fact that you can access the locator with your mobile is essential if you want more comfort. It is ideal because, just by pressing a few buttons on the phone you can locate your vehicle in a matter of seconds.
- Customizing settings: GPS trackers are capable of offering a large number of different features and functions, but they do not need to be all on all the time. However, not all devices are flexible in enabling and disabling functions, some make it impossible to change anything. Before buying your locator, check if you can customize it.
- Protect your security: Some models on the market give you the option of setting a password for your locators. In this way, not all people will be able to enter your settings and review or change them. You can also be the one who sees the mobilization history and the time the car stopped in each place.
- Think about alerts: Having an alert system is essential to keep up to date with the latest locations or in case of emergencies. If your vehicle goes off-road, an accident occurs or leaves the safety zone you have established, you should know it immediately, either by email, SMS or push notification.
Where to install a Car GPS Tracker?
No matter the reasons why you will install a locator in your car, be it for security or to keep records, having one is a great advantage. The most important thing to consider is the strength of the signal that you must bring to the gps. If you are unable to receive an adequate GPS and / or cellular satellite signal, the device will not work. Here are some places to place the locator covertly but can receive the signal.
- Under the car: Is it really a good idea to put a tracker under the car? And the answer is that it depends on the placement. If you place the locator on the metal frame of the vehicle, either on the driver’s or passenger’s side, the GPS signal will bounce off the road and be detected by the GPS. Placing it in the ideal place is one of the best options so that the locator is not noticed.
- Inside the dash: Without a doubt it is the most covert option and, at the same time, the most difficult to install. However, if you have access to the board and can place your locator inside the board, it is unlikely that it will be discovered. In addition, the dash materials allow the GPS satellite signal to pass through with relative ease while hiding the tracker from view.
- On the dash: If you don’t want to place the locator inside the vehicle, the bumper is a great way to install it without being detected. Many new cars have a layer of plastic or fiberglass that covers the bumper, behind this cover, you can find a hole to fit your gps device inside. However, if your car has a metal bumper, placing it here will not work because the signal will not get through.
- Under the passenger seat: The passenger seat is a simple and common place to hide a locator because it is easy to reach and will not be easily seen by people who climb into it. However, you should keep in mind that due to the amount of materials around it, you may receive a weaker signal.
- Ceiling attached: It may be an unattractive option, however it will offer you a great signal strength. Use a magnetic box (magnet) to secure your locator to the top of your car. This way you are always pointing to the sky. It is important to note that placing your GPS on the roof will increase the probability that your locator will be stolen.
How to install a Car GPS Tracker?
There are several reasons why you will want to install a locator in your car, one of them is security. In addition, you can keep your car under surveillance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. There are several models on the market and some may have a more complex installation, here we show you some general steps.
- System complexity: There are some very complicated GPS tracking systems that need to be connected directly to a vehicle’s electrical system. If you don’t feel confident installing and maintaining a system like this yourself, it’s best to get help from a professional who will get it ready for you to start using.
- Look at the manual: Before buying anything, you should make sure that you have a help manual and that you can find enough information on how to install and use the device in its entirety. Otherwise, you may end up not knowing how to install it and asking for help from another person or customer service.
- Choose power: The first thing you need to do is find a power source for the locator. There are two common ways to power these devices. You can use dedicated batteries to power it, or you can use your vehicle’s battery to make it work. Having a power supply for it makes the process much easier to install and you can do it yourself.
- Pick a location: After you’ve decided to use a dedicated battery to power the GPS device, use the battery cell to power it. Now place the active device in the case or a weather proof box. Choose the place where you want to place the device inside your car, it is best not to have any chance of being exposed to anyone.
- Test the device: After placing it in a safe and hidden area in your car, take it out for a walk. Write down the speed, location, and stop times, and then check to see if the case or sleeve is securely placed where you left it. After the test drive, use your phone to check the data collected by the device and compare it with what you have manually recorded.
Where can you buy a Car GPS Tracker online?
Buying online is a great solution to all your problems, you just have to go to the website of your preference and choose the locator that best suits your expectations and requirements, then it will arrive at your door. So that you can do it with total comfort, we show you some platforms so you can decide.
- GPS locator on Amazon: Amazon is the best sales platform you can access. You will find a wide variety of these products in it, from low-end locators to the best on the market. So you can make your decision depending on your budget and the features and functions you are looking for.
- GPS locator on Aliexpress: On Aliexpress you will find some interesting options and various offers that could be an option for. You will also find accessories for this product. However, most locators are standard, so you’ll have to do a deep search to find the one that suits you best.
- GPS locator on eBay: On this platform, you will find a wide variety of these products. You can decide on very small devices or normal-sized ones, as well as some very modern ones. So take this into account when you decide to do your search for a GPS locator for your car.
Why should I use a GPS locator for my car?
A GPS locator used to be able to know the exact location of an individual car or a group of them. Currently and thanks to the progress of technology, the GPS of modern cars allows to know much more information than just the location. One of them is that you will be able to identify problems before they occur and take steps to avoid them. If you want to get a locator, we tell you some benefits that you will get.
- Save your journeys: By locating your vehicle or fleet you will be able to calculate fuel consumption per vehicle and closely monitor how many kilometers it has traveled. This will allow the next refueling to be done accurately at a specific location based on estimates. In addition, you can have most of these products at an affordable price and of good quality.
- You will feel safer: In addition to monitoring the location of your car and the vehicles that are under your responsibility, the GPS locators of the cars can send alerts if suspicious behavior is noticed, helping to prevent theft in the first place. Also, in the event that a vehicle is stolen, the GPS locator will help you find it easily.
- Save time: A great advantage that these devices can offer you is that they also have some navigation functions to avoid road works, accidents or traffic jams. So they will take you to your destination in the fastest and easiest way possible. Also, by removing setbacks, you will avoid possible accidents.
- Improve customer service: If you dedicate yourself to delivery tasks, a GPS can satisfy your customers, since if one of them is waiting for you, you can give updates, up to the minute and in real time, because you will know exactly where you are and how long it will take time to get to where he is. Think about this if you would like to improve your service.
- Increase productivity: A GPS locator will avoid any delay on the road, such as accidents or traffic. So you or your drivers can do more in a day and more efficiently. In addition, if you have multiple drivers under your command, and they know that their location is being tracked, they will also be less likely to waste time.